Want to know how to make your site private? Security is vitally important to us and to you. In this article, we learn what security options are available to us and how to configure them.
By default, an Edufolio is set to public. This means that anyone who visits your site can access all of the content. They can search by standard or by Focus area and see your evidence. However, we know that there are occasions where you might not wish your evidence to be presented so publicly. That’s why we have created advance security settings. Here’s how they work.
- From your dashboard, head to “Settings/Reading”
- Scroll to the very bottom and you will see the “Edufolios Site Protection Settings” From here you can change your default security status from Public to Private.
- If you choose “Private” all of your content (apart from the homepage) will be locked down and inaccessible without a password.
- Enter a “Default Site Password”. This will be used to unlock content and will be given to only those whom you wish to have access. You can reset this at any time by overwriting the old password in this box.
- Click Save Changes to apply your new settings
Choosing to lock down specific content – Not all of it.
This is the preferred method of security for our subscribers. Many wish to have certain pages (about me, resume, etc) public and certain pieces of evidence private. This is all completely possible with Edufolio’s unique advanced security settings.
- Head to the individual post or page you wish to amend security settings on.
- Locate the “Edufolios Content Visibility” block in the sidebar to the right.
- You can choose to make the content:
- Private (which will require a password to unlock it)
- Public or
- As per Site Protection Settings – this means that the post will follow the rules you created for it earlier in the Reading > Edufolio Site Protection menus.
- Whatever you choose here will override the Site Wide Protection settings. So, for example, if you’ve set your entire site to private but would like this particular content to remain public you can set this one post or page to public.
How do I share private content?
Don’t worry, we’ve thought of that too! Find out how you can share your private content in this article.