Your front page (or home page) is where you get to make your first impression as an educator. Here's how you can make a great one!
When you log in you will see your dashboard and from here, you can customise your Edufolio and make it your own. To do that, you need to click on the “Customise your site” button. This will take you to a menu system we’ve created to make it easy for you to make changes in one place.
- Start by heading to your dashboard. Log in if you need to.
- On the left-hand side, in the menu, you’ll find the title Pages. Click it.
- In the list that appears, look for the page which has “-front page” after it. It’s usually called “Welcome to my Professional Portfolio! — Front Page”. If you hover your mouse over it you’ll see some options. Choose “Edit” to make some changes.
- You’re now looking at the current content of your front page. The smaller box, at the top, contains your title, the larger one, the content
- Change the title if you wish. You could add your name?
- Add a welcome message from yourself in the main box. To insert a picture, click the “Add Media” button, Choose the “Upload Files” tab and click “Select Files”. Just as you did with your profile images, you’ll be able to add an image of your choice and then “Insert into page”.
- To add a video, simply copy and paste the URL (or web-link) for the video you’d like to share into the text box. Edufolios will embed it for you.
- Don’t forget to hit “update” when you’re happy with the edits you have made.
From the Podcast:
This episode will give you an extra edge...